GOPOP offers an exciting way for new Georgetown students to bond with their incoming classmates. Traveling through the back country with a group of 6 -12+ fellow students and trained Georgetown student guides, participants will have the chance to practice their leadership skills, meet and overcome challenges, and reflect on their transition to college. We encourage you to look through these adventures and join Georgetown University Outdoor Education on a truly unforgettable trip.
Destinations, Dates, & Cost*
- Lake Tahoe Backpacking: July 29 - Aug 5 - $650
- Yellowstone Adventure: Aug 7 - Aug 14 - $650
- Virginia Backpacking: Aug 19 - Aug 24 - $400
- West Virginia Backpacking: Aug 19 - Aug 24 - $400
- Climbing 101: Aug 19 - Aug 24 - $500
- D.C. Adventure (2 trips): Aug 19 - Aug 24 - $500
*Cost does not include transportation to DC , MT, or CA
*Financial assistance is available. For more information contact Kris Nessler.
Join our mailing list to receive the most up-to-date information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the trips, click here.
The 2018 Pre-Orientation Application will open on May 1, and applications will be due by June 12. Students will be notified of their application decision by June 28. We encourage students to wait until a decision has been communicated before making final travel arrangements.