GOPOP offers an exciting way for new Georgetown students to bond with their incoming classmates. Traveling through the back country with a group of 6 -12+ fellow students and trained Georgetown student guides, participants will have the chance to practice their leadership skills, meet and overcome challenges, and reflect on their transition to college. We encourage you to look through these adventures and join Georgetown University Outdoor Education on a truly unforgettable trip.
Destinations, Dates, & Cost*
- Lake Tahoe Backpacking: July 30 - Aug 5 - $650
- Yellowstone Adventure: Aug 8 - Aug 15 - $650
- Virginia Backpacking: Aug 20 - Aug 25 - $400
- West Virginia Backpacking: Aug 20 - Aug 25 - $400
- Climbing 101: Aug 20 - Aug 25 - $500
- D.C. Adventure (4 trips): Aug 20 - Aug 25 - $400
*Cost does not include transportation to DC , MT, or CA
*Financial assistance is available. For more information contact Kris Nessler.
The 2017 Pre-Orientation Application is now CLOSED, and applications are currently being reviewed. Students will be notified of their application decision by June 28. We encourage students to wait until a decision has been communicated before making final travel arrangements.
Join our mailing list to receive the most up-to-date information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the trips, click here.