The Cornerstone Student Coordinator is a high-impact student leadership role who works on the implementation of the Cornerstone program.
The Student Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Selection, training, and leadership for the Cornerstone mentor staff
- Contributes to the Cornerstone dinner discussion curriculum
- Manages communications for the Cornerstone mentors
- Manages student participant recruitment and data management
- Manages Cornerstone social media
- Represents the student voice of the Cornerstone program to on-campus and off-campus stakeholders
Cornerstone Peer Mentors are facilitators leading and mentoring first-year and transfer students throughout their Cornerstone experience. Peer Mentors will support students in reflecting and discussing their Georgetown experience with a peer group. Peer Mentors will also encourage new students through identifying their own individual future goals, challenges, and action steps in a small-group setting. The goal is that through the support of a Peer Mentor, new students will have the support, skills, and resources to find their foundation within a social community context.
The Peer Mentor responsibilities include:
- Hosting a weekly dinner for their assigned group of mentees (dinner paid for by the Cornerstone Initiative). This includes set-up, clean-up, and meal management
- Facilitating conversations on topics related to college transition and life at Georgetown
Monitoring the growth of new students in their group
- Participating in four training sessions before Cornerstone begins and weekly team meetings throughout the program
Cornerstone Peer Mentors must have completed at least one full academic year at Georgetown. Interested applicants must participate in a 30-minute interview.
The Cornerstone Peer Mentor application is now open from Thursday, August 1 - Monday, September 2, 2019 at 11:59pm. Click here to apply to help new students find their foundation at Georgetown. Please read the requirements listed in the application that students must meet to become a Peer Mentor. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Cornerstone team at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing your submission!