The Cornerstone Student Coordinator is a high-impact student leadership role who works on the implementation of the Cornerstone program.
The Student Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Selection, training, and leadership for the Cornerstone mentor staff
- Contributes to the Cornerstone dinner discussion curriculum
- Manages communications for the Cornerstone mentors
- Manages student participant recruitment and data management
- Manages Cornerstone social media
- Represents the student voice of the Cornerstone program to on-campus and off-campus stakeholders
Cornerstone Peer Mentors will be the facilitators leading and mentoring the new students throughout their Cornerstone experience. Peer Mentors will coach new students through identifying their own individual goals, challenges, and action steps in a small-group setting.
The Peer Mentor responsibilities include:
- Hosting a weekly dinner for their assigned group of mentees (dinner paid for by the Cornerstone Initiative)
- Facilitating conversations on topics related to college transition and life at Georgetown
- Participating in three training sessions before Cornerstone begins and weekly team meetings throughout the program
The Peer Mentor application will open on Thursday, August 1, 2019.